This is Elena's Princess Dress. I am so proud of myself! Yes, it took me 2 hours to do one sleeve and 1 hour to do the other (it would've been faster but I put it on inside out the first time), BUT I got the zipper in on the FIRST try! If Elena wants to be a princess for Halloween, I'll let her wear it. But then I'm taking it away and sending it to Santa to bring back for Christmas. Now I plan to make one similar for Becca. Hopefully it will go a little quicker the second time around!
Close up of the bodice. I LOVE the sheer embroidery fabric!
Sewing is SOOOOO fun!
9 comments:
super cute!
I am proud of you too!!! Great job. Sewing allows you to create, it's very empowering and fulfilling. I learn with each project I sew...and I have been sewing a long time and still learning. Those sleeves and skirt gatheres; the neckline all look so good.
Good job.. This is amazing! Did you say you'd never really sewn before? I guess I need to take lessons from you.
I've only sewn a few things before getting my own machine. I made some costumes for the plays I was in and with my mom's help, I made Becca's blessing dress. I study the patterns really hard before I even start and then read them 10 times after that! =)
You are amazing. I just want to know when you have time to sew with the kids. I am doing Kaitlyn's halloween costume...a large cat...no princesses for us...:) but it is so hard to keep the kids busy while I sew.
I usually try to sew when Mckenzie is napping. The older girls just play in the basement while I sew or they'll watch a movie. OR I sew after they have gone to bed at night. Sewing is a stress reliever for me so I MAKE time to do it! =)
way to go Idaho! love Mom
you are amazing!!! i love that you have put all your resources to use!! and...i'm SO jealous! i haven't had time to sew for a few months, and it's driving me nuts!! life has just gotten way too crazy...but i'm hoping to pull it out in the next couple days, cause i gotta get their halloween costumes made!! :)
I know I am a bog girl but "I want one!" "for ME" It is beautiful!
Post a Comment